Monday, July 27, 2009

Music and writing

With me, music and writing go hand in hand. I can't write without my ipod. My ipod can't exist without my ears! I have special songs that go with my manuscripts and my writing flows more freely when I've found those songs. Each song represents the story.

For Illusions of Destiny, the songs were: I Know Him So Well - Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson, Black Velvet - Allana Myles and Bring Me To Life - Evanescence

For Jewels of the Sun, the songs were: Close to You - Maxi Priest, Remember Me - Troy Soundtrack and I'd Do Anything For Love - Meatloaf

Now, I've finally found songs for my latest manuscript, In the Shadows of Angels - Jai Ho! by PCD and Halo by Beyonce

I've also found songs for my WIP, Hunter's Moon, Hunting High and Low - Aha, Better Than Me- Hinder and My Immortal - Evanescence.

Now, I can get on with my writing and stop procrastinating!

K

1 comment:

Wendi Zwaduk said...

I used music when I wrote Right Where I Need to Be, including the song Right Where I Need to Be - Gary Allan, What I'd Say - Gary Allan, 10,000 Fists - Disturbed, and Freak on a Leash - Korn. Funny how you gotta be plugged in sometimes to work.: )

Instagram