Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Review for Jewels of the Sun

I've received a very unexpected review for Jewels of the Sun from The Romance Studio. I like getting reviews mainly to see if readers like my work, also so I can figure out where to improve my writing. This was a pretty good review in the end.

Born on the mysterious island of Ambrosia and whisked away to mainland Australia when only a few days old, Selena Lewis grows up hearing tales of unimaginable treasures and a floating island, trapped in the nineteenth century, which only appears every twenty five years. Now, the island has returned and Selena is determined to prove to the treasure hunting community that the island exists, as does the treasure. Kidnapped and blindfolded, she's held hostage by virile pirate captain, Saxon Ambrose, who piques her curiosity both sexually and emotionally. Drawn into the very depths of Ambrosia, Selena finds the Jewels of the Sun, the diamond pillars that allow the island to survive, and the treasure she's waited all her life to find. However, the Jewels are dying, and so is Ambrosia. Her love for Saxon is the key but is it stronger than her struggle for treasure hunting fame? In the end, will love conquer all?

Jewels of the Sun turned out to be a very hard book for me to get interested in initially, but once I did, I was hooked. Kiss Carson did a good job of weaving together a captivating storyline. The background to this story is solid. I really enjoyed the way the pasts of the characters linked them. I would have liked more in depth interactions between the supporting characters however, I found that aspect to be a little lacking. I found the personalities of the main characters to be delightful. What could be more intriguing than a pirate prince? Saxon is a very sexy hero indeed. Selena is a very good character as well. Her spunk is refreshing. I love a strong heroine. Another thing that I truly enjoyed about this book was the unexpected twists. I love being surprised by the twists in a storyline while reading. Overall, I recommend this book to those who enjoy romance in general. It was a pleasure to read. I will be looking for more of her work in the future.

Overall rating: 4 hearts
Sensuality rating: Very sensual

Reviewer: Adrien Blyss
January 18, 2010
K


No comments:

Instagram