Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome the lovely, the wonderful, LISA M CAMPBELL!

Well, yes, I've been really, really slack. This interview was meant to go up days ago! I'm sorry Lisa...Still, get those drums rolling and the trumpets tooting for fellow author, Lisa M Campbell! Wow, the crowd is going wild!

For as long as she can remember, Lisa M. Campbell has always wanted to be a Journalist. However, a short stint in college dissuaded her of that notion, and she dropped out after one year.

At loose ends, and uncertain of her future, (now that becoming the next Jessica Savitch was out of the question) she turned to her mom for advice; her mom suggested joining the service. Once Lisa picked herself up off the floor, she enlisted in the Air Force where she met the love of her life, Kevin.

During the ensuing twists and turns of Lisa's life---which included living in the UK for a time---she never stopped writing.
She wrote on and off for ten years, but didn't try for publication until 2008. When Wild Horse Press offered her a contract in March of 2009, a life long dream of seeing her name printed on the spine of a book had finally been realized.

SUPERSTITION'S DESIRE has been a best seller for Wild Horse Press since its release in June 2009. It has also reached Best Seller and Top Rated status at All Romance eBooks.com


Tell us a bit about yourself.

Okay, let's see what I can impart without putting people to sleep! I'm the proud wife of an active duty Air Force Logistics Officer w/24 years active service, mother of a sweet and sassy sixteen year old, and owned by two crazy cattle dogs, both of which were rescued from puppy prison and enjoy howling during the national anthem (I live on an Air Force base). Currently, I'm living in the beautiful Black Hills of western South Dakota, home of Mount Rushmore, and I write full time.

Tell us about your latest full-length release, a medieval Celtic historical, entitled, SUPERSTITION'S DESIRE.
Held to a deathbed vow, Laird Connal MacRae must kidnap Lady Arabella Wyndmere out from under the nose of her sadistic English betrothed, Baron Edward Axton, and deliver her unsullied to his older deposed brother. She is meant as a consolation prize, a balm to soothe Kellan's deflated ego. Nevertheless, Connal discovers he cannot deny the burning ache the spirited beauty has awakened in him, and soon finds he must defend Arabella's superstitious practices against charges of witchery. Yet, despite her heretical beliefs, and his death before dishonor credo, their mutual desire spins out of control leaving no choice except to...and this where you'll have to read the book if you want the rest of the story.

Is this the only book you have published?

This is the only full-length historical I have out now. Currently, I'm working on a story for a secondary character in SD.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? Give us a little insight into the way you write your books.

Unfortunately, I write on whim. One day I can sit down with my laptop, and write from 6:00 am until 9:00 pm, while other days I might only manage an hour. I do write everyday, though I might not have anything to salvage, and then revise the next day. My biggest down fall is that I can labor over a turn of phrase for hours, or until my eyes bleed, whichever comes first. Revision-- it's a sickness! lol As far as pantser of plotter, I'm a little of both. Although, when I wrote SUPERSTITION'S DESIRE, I started with two names and a time-period, which is probably why it took ten years to complete! I've since learned to jot down a rough outline, but it changes daily, and I rarely end up writing the story I intended.

Who/what would be your greatest inspiration?

I fell in love with Mr. Darcy at the age of thirteen--Pride and Prejudice is my favorite romance novel and I make time to re-read it every year. Although, I enjoy a wide variety of genres, from Mystery to True Crime, P&P stays with me in a way no other book ever has, and as a result I knew I would write Romance one day.

Do you only write Celtic historical romance? Could there be any stories outside your genre down the track?

I tried my hand at paranormal erotica this past year, and write under the pen name, Marie March. I have a release in May, SAVAGE CRAVINGS (eXcessica publishing), one in July, INSATIABLE (Red Rose publishing), one scheduled for October, LET IT BLEED, (eXcessica publishing), another for Jan 2011, THE SELKIE (eXcessica publishing), and I recently accepted a contract from Whispers publishing for, CHASING THE NYMPH.

What’s next in the world of writing and publishing for Lisa M. Campbell?

I'm hoping to finish my latest Celtic historical before my husband comes home from Afghanistan in September. I don't want any distractions for his homecoming *wink wink*! In addition, I have an invitation to submit to Kensington publishing, and if all goes well, I could move into the mass paperback market late 2011.

Where on the web can we find you and your books?

You can find me at allromanceebooks.com, Amazon.com for print and e-Book. www.the-wild-horse-press.com for print and e-Book and SUPERSTITION'S DESIRE can soon be found on the shelves at Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstores.

I think the readers should know Kiss Carson was my first critique partner. Without her keen writer's eye, and constructive criticism I would still be wallowing in edits! As I said in my acknowledgements, Kiss, "your advice is golden."

AWWWW Thanks Lisa...

Happy reading everyone!
~Lisa

http://www.authorlisamcampbell.com/
http://www.mariemarch.com/
www.myspace.com/lisamcampbell
www.myspace.com/mariemarch
www.twitter.com/darceezgrl

If you would like to request an interview or blog post, please contact Alix Taylor at Heetr Promotions http://www.heetr.com/

No comments:

Instagram