Browse Solstice Publishing

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Welcome guest blogger, author Megan Slayer

Some Enchanted Evening...
Like the musical intro? I do. Love music. Probably why most all of my titles have song titles. First though, I wanted to thank Kiss for allowing me to guest blog. This is a fun place and I’m glad to be here. Grin.

So why on earth did I chose that title for this post? Glad you asked. ‘Tis the season to be merry. Also, there are a zillion little twinkle lights popping up. And not just on my house! But looking at the twinkle lights and thinking about Christmas makes me think of DH. I won’t get super sappy on you, but yeah, I’m a sucker for Christmas twinkle lights.

I should probably try to work this into a romance story somewhere, but part of me wonders if people would buy into it. Anyway...
Why I Love Twinkle Lights  (in 200 words or less.)
When I was in college, first year, I met this guy. He laughed, made BAD jokes and was just plain nice to me. I won’t say I was an ugly duckling in school. I just hadn’t come into my own. He saw past my crazy dyed red hair and my tendency to wear flannel. He liked me as a person.
So he asks me to go with him to Walmart to buy Twinkle lights. We do and pick up this set of running lights that does like 7 different settings. Fine. He’s torn. White lights or color. Now I’m an art major. I like color. I convinced him, not sure how, to buy the colored lights.
He bought the colored lights and I helped him decorate his dorm room. The lights served as mood lighting when we had our first date. Yes, we were in college so money was about nonexistent. Had them for the faint glow when we did naughty things. Heck, when we needed light but were too lazy to turn on the actual lights, because they were across the room, we used the twinkle lights.
College is over. We’ve been married almost 12 years and have a totlet. What about the lights? We still have those lights. I’d like to incorporate twinkle lights into more of my stories as mood lighting and a guy’s version of creating ambiance.  I should.
Okay, so if you were counting that was a little over 200 words. Never said I liked to stay within limits. Pill, I am. But when I think of Christmas and see all those little lights...I think of some of the steamy times we had in their twinkly glow.
Bet you won’t look at Christmas lights the same way again.
Want to know more about Me?
When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan Slayer can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her two vampire Cabana boys, Luke and Jeremy. She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.
When she’s not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school.
She enjoys writing in all genres, but writing about men in love suits her fancy best.
Currently hanging out every Wednesday and Friday at the Menagerie Authors site, hunting Hotties for the Saturday posts, and working on the next great story brewing in her head! The cabana boys are willing to serve, unless she needs them, but she always need them. So be nice to Javier or he will bite--on command.
Here’s some fun links and my latest work, Under and Over It from Changeling Press:
Rock hero Camryn Tate makes the girls scream, but his roommate, Regan, holds the key to his heart.
What happens when an artist finds his muse?
Regan Finley’s photography makes the local music scene shine. He’s four months from his final exihibition and graduation with a Masters in Fine Art Photography. But instead of preparing for the party, he’s fretting about his exhibition theme—bondage and passion. There’s one other person he wants to make his exhibition come to life, it he can convince his housemate to participate.
Camryn Tate plays the music that makes the young girls scream. he likes being a local rock hero. His time on campus is coming to a close as well. In four months time, he’ll have earned his Bachalor’s of Music degree in composition. The moment he finds out what Regan wants to do for the exhibition Cam has to make a decision. He can let Regan have his commanding way and get the pictures he needs for the exhibition or he could walk away from the best roommate and friend he’s ever known…all because of a little ball of nylon rope.




Twitter: @MeganSlayer

1 comment:

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Thanks! I had a blast writing this post!