A Week to Go!

A week to go before the biggest retail shopping time of the year is over.

Don't get me wrong, I love this time of the year - I can eat what I want and blame it on Christmas. I love the pretty Christmas lights and decorations. I also know there is a "reason for the season" but as my family have never been religious, I don't attend mass or church functions.

I also don't get a white Christmas - nor have I ever! I live in Queensland, Australia, and yesterday it reached 41.2 degrees Celsius. I have to admit that it was above average for my area. It usually only gets to about 32 degrees Celsius - but BOY is it humid! One day last week it was 96% humidity - and it was awful. We're all hoping for a wet January to counteract the hot, dry December. At one point there were 115 bush fires burning in South East Queensland alone.

My husband and I like to work in the garden - well...my husband likes to work in the garden, just sit and watch and blog. The garden is a restful place. The garden also gives you a sense of achievement. This year, our veggie gardens have fed us: beans, zucchini, silver beet, chillies, sweet potato, celery, lettuce and corn. We have a pineapple and some watermelon ripening for the end of December, and a garden bed or two of sunflowers. Bees were our aim this year and I think we've succeeded in bringing them back to the garden. Our next aim is for dragonflies to eat the mozzies. We need a water feature though to attract the mosquitoes which in turn will attract the dragonflies. At the moment, the government is starting to bring in water restrictions so that may put an end to that.





Well, it's time to finish this post and help with the garden while it's cool enough to do so.

Kiss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something Old, Something New, Something Aussie, and Something to Chew!

Vacation time!

Happy New Year!