It's That Time of Year

Christmas time is a busy time for us all - Christmas shopping, extra shifts at work, entertaining friends and family, eating...Writing?

Most of the time writing takes a back seat to all things life. Husband. Kids. Work. Study. Not particularly in that order, and the Holiday Season is no exception.

However, I have to keep plowing through and pat myself on the back when I reach a writing milestone. At the moment my manuscript is at 45000 words and it seems to be perpetually stuck there, no matter how much more I write. So, my goal this week is to make it to 55000 words. At that word count the book should be finished and ready for advance reader review. Well, maybe not completely finished - there's always the rewrite!

I haven't started my Christmas shopping. I need to buy small items to send to Sydney for 'the mothers'. I have three grandchildren to buy for, not to mention my own three children and husband...Gift cards always come in handy but they're not very personal. I have the favourite go to of chocolates and wine but my 'New Age' friends are always on diets or they've given up drinking until further notice.

I might have to hit the online shops this week because it's getting a bit late in the season to got to the shopping centres and battle the crowds.

17 days until Christmas - plenty of time for me to get my act together.

If you're at your local shopping centre and you see a woman laden with bags, a look of glazed horror in her eyes, it's probably me because I've waited too long.

Take Care

Kxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation time!

Something Old, Something New, Something Aussie, and Something to Chew!

Happy New Year!