Kiss Carson Blog - 2.0

Well...Here I am, ready to start again. I have deleted all my previous posts - well, it had been two years since I last blogged.

The struggle to stay centered, and focused, on my writing is ever present. My mind wanders. My finances demand the influx of a paid job (the same job I've had for 15 years). My state of being fluctuates constantly.

I close my office door and walk by day after day pretending it doesn't exist. There is no computer in there. There are no manuscripts that need completing. I don't look at my Facebook. I don't check my emails. I am not really a writer.

BUT! I am a writer. And I have fans out there in cyberspace. SUPER FANS - according to my writer friends, and these super fans are waiting for a new book from me. I receive emails from these lovely people asking when, and I give them a date. I give myself a well needed ego boost and i sit down, writing, writing, writing.

Then life kicks in again.

I close my office door.

My state of being fluctuates.

This is the way. This time around I have begged myself to get my act together and really concentrate on the work I want to do, my "dream job", which is to write. I have reduced the hours of my paid job to do this and I have until August 2020, which is when my hours return to normal. I have eight months to give this another go.

Let's see what I can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation time!

Something Old, Something New, Something Aussie, and Something to Chew!

Happy New Year!