Better late than never

So...I had promised myself I would blog on the first week of every month. Better late than never.

I was camping during the first week of July in a beautiful area of Queensland - the Scenic Rim. It was cold, one of the nights reaching about 0. Luckily we have a 12V heater - and a camp fire.

Sometimes, even writers need to get away. Unlike most jobs, we carry our work around in our head. Have you seen that meme about a writer's mind? It's not far from the truth.


Writers are always thinking, changing scenes and talking to their characters in their heads. Am I right? (Yeah? Yeah?) So to get away and not think about writing for a few hours can sometimes be a blessing. While camping, I was thinking more about how to keep our camp fire alive than what Oscar was about to do in the next scene. At one stage during our trip, I worried more about rolling down the cliff close to our campsite - or actually falling into the fire (after a wine or two). I was also worried about my husband who (after a few Canadian Clubs) told me that his glove was on fire - while he was wearing it. Needless to say there was a blister on his thumb the next day.

Well, enjoy the rest of July and I hope you are all well in these COVID times.

Kiss
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation time!

Something Old, Something New, Something Aussie, and Something to Chew!

Happy New Year!